The following websites are provided as a resource for our referring doctors. This page contains hyperlinks to World Wide Web sites that are created and maintained by other organizations. We have included these links because we think that our referring doctors may find them of interest. Keep in mind that Plattsburgh Oral Surgery, P.C. does not necessarily endorse the views expressed on these websites. Also, we do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information presented on these sites.
- Research and Library Links
- Professional Associations
- Implant Manufacturer Links
- Evidenced Based Research Links
Research and Library Links
- MedicineNet – Content-rich commercial site includes interactive groups, ask-the-doctor feature, medical dictionary, comprehensive drug information, medical news, disease-specific information, and links.
- Medscape – Searchable commercial collection of full-text articles from such useful sources as the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Oncolink – Huge collection of cancer information and links based at the University of Pennsylvania. The best starting place found for cancer information.
- Medical Matrix– Physician maintained commercial database of annotated health links. Oriented toward medical professionals, but accessible to an educated lay person. A keyword search gets you to a subject index, from which you navigate to the links you want.
- Up-to-date – Online resource for medical information
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons – find information about oral and maxillofacial surgery including cancer, dental implants, sports safety, jaw surgery, and more.
- ITI (International Team for Implantology) – Excellent source for implant dentistry
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- American Academy of Restorative Dentistry
- Canadian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Royal College of Dentist of Canada
Implant Manufacturer Links
Evidenced Based Research Links
- Third Molar (wisdom teeth) Removal – White Paper AAOMS
- Third Molar (wisdom teeth) Clnical Studies
- Oral Cancer Awareness
- Bisphosphonate Related Osteonecrosis of the Jaw (BRONJ) / Antiresorptive Osteonecrosis of the Jaw (ARONJ) – ADA / AAOMS (2009) / AAOMS (2014)
- AAOMS Position on In-Office Anesthesia